Sunday, October 9, 2011

All Is Dust Mark II

With Arkham's tournament only a week away, I'm still unsure about lists. The Tyranid swarm I put up a few weeks ago is a strong possibility, as is the Daemon host I took out last time ... but with the Thousand Sons/Space Marines almost assembled, I now have a third option.  Something like this is pretty tempting :

HQ: Librarian w/ Null Zone and Avenger

Elites:

Dreadnought w/ dccw & TL autocannon

Dreadnought w/dccw & TL autocannon 

6 Sternguard w/ combimeltas, Rhino

Troops:

Tactical Squad: Sgt. w/ combiflamer, flamer, Missile launcher, Rhino

Tactical Squad: Sgt. w/ combimelta, meltagun, Missile launcher, Rhino

Tactical Squad: Sgt. w/ bolt pistol and ccw, meltagun, Missile launcher, Razorback w/ lascannon & TL plasmagun

Heavy Support:

Thunderfire Cannon & Techmarine

Predator w/ autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons

Predator w/ autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons 

I'd like the Sternguard squad to be larger, but the points for them just aren't to be had. It's tempting to drop one for a powerfist, but realistically they're not going to do well in assault against anything worth assaulting.  I'm hoping I'll be able to use the dreads to open up transports at range and deter outflankers/ close combat troops, but they'll need some luck to pull that off.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment