Wednesday, August 3, 2011

'Ard Boyz

*Obligatory joke about what a terrible name for a competition the above is here*

Still working on finalizing my list for the competition on the 13th. Got in a small test game yesterday to try out some new unit combinations. Results were mixed; on the one hand I lost. On the other I had just about everything that could go wrong for my swarm go wrong and still came within one leadership test of tabling my opponent, so I at least managed to put the fear of the Hive Mind in him. In an objective or VP mission I think I could have pulled it out, but a KP mission against foot Orks is one of my harder matchups - squads of 20 Orks are much harder to kill than empty Mycetic Spores. I think I can iron out the kinks at 2500, but 1500 still leaves me without much in the way of ranged antipersonnel or screening - I can do some damage in assault, but my best shooting is geared towards short range AT.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to try out the same list against Dark Eldar this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment