Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Plenty More Where They Came From

I got in a few games with the list I mentioned in the last post: one at 1500, and a second upgraded to 2000. The results were mixed. The first, against Dark Angels, ended in a 4th turn tabling of the Marines. However, that was against a newer player using a non Deathwing list, so didn't provide much in the way of feedback.

My 2nd game was against 2000 points of Mech Eldar. This provided a better workout for the list. My opponent also reserved everything, and successfully wrong-footed me from the start by forcing me to go first. I was able to pull out a draw only because the game ended on turn 5 while my last Hive Guard and a Mycetic Spore were contesting both Cap & Control objectives.

I think I need to make a few changes, both in use and list. As much as I hate to drop them, the Lictors are getting replaced with Ymgarls to provide a better distraction force. I'm also going to try and deploy the Hive Tyrant from the board edge, at least in objective games. The next iteration should look something like this:

HQ:

Hive Tyrant w/ scything talons, TL BL devourers, leech essence, paroxysm, Hive Commander - 270


Elites:

8 Ymgarl Genestealers - 184
8 Ymgarl Genestealers - 184

2 Hive Guard - 100


Troops:

10 Genestealers w/ toxin sacs - 170
10 Genestealers w/ toxin sacs - 170

14 Termagants w/ devourers in Mycetic Spore - 180

5 Warriors w/ toxin sacs, lash whip and bonesword, devourers, 1 barbed strangler - 260


Heavy Support:

Trygon Prime - 240

Trygon Prime - 240


This version is a little lighter on troops than I'd like, but it can do a variety of things well: attack from any angle, murder just about anything in assault, crack most transports, and torrent anything that spills out of those transports with midstrength fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment