Sunday, April 15, 2012

Revamping the List





I've been reworking the Tyranids yet again in light of the last few games. Nothing major has changed, but I decided to see what happens when point efficiency gets thrown out the window. This list and version at 2000 are fragile and expensive, but can appear from nowhere,crack open transports, torrent what spills out, and murder survivors in assault.

HQ:

Hive Tyrant w/ Paroxysm, Leech Essence, Scything Talons, Wings, Hive Commander, TL BL devourers
-270

Elites:

2 Hive Guard - 100

7 Ymgarl Genestealers - 161


Troops:

10 Termagants in Mycetic Spore - 90

9 Genestealers w/ toxin sacs - 153
9 Genestealers w/ toxin sacs - 153

3 Warriors w/ toxin sacs, deathspitters, lashwhip and bonesword, barbed strangler - 170

Heavy Support:

Trygon - 200

Trygon - 200

3 comments:

  1. This is the 1,500 list. What gets added with the 2,000?

    I think its pretty good. What is the purpose of the Warriors? I don't know most of the wargear. Having 2 Trygons at 1,500 is nasty. As are the Ymgarl.

    I wonder how it would fair against the GK...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering the same thing; your lists are always a challenge to strategize against.

    At 2k the Trygons become primes, the Termagants get devourers, there's a second unit of Ymgarles, a few more Genestealers get added to all the broods, and the Warriors go up to 5.

    The Warriors are there to provide some extra Syanpse and act as a melee death star. As equipped they have poisoned attacks, a power weapon with a slight chance of inflicting instant death, and can drop b2b models to initiative 1. The deathspitters are identical to Tau Burst Cannons; I'm hoping I'll be able to glance, get side shots, or shoot down the occasional DE flyer with them. The strangler is there purely for wound allocation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep going back and forth on the Hive Guard. On paper they're pretty handy can openers, but in practice they always end up too far out of range to open the can I need. It's really tempting to replace them with Lictors. The only thing stopping me is the fact that I'll get one shot to rend Storm Ravens/Valkyries out of the sky before they fly away laughing at my 6" flesh hooks and 12+d6 assault range.

    ReplyDelete