Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tournament Planning

So it looks like Legion games is running an 1850 point tournament in two weeks. Since my home doesn't have a tournament scene to speak of and I finally have some free time and energy, I'll be making the trek back there to get my competitive fix.  The Vanguard list and my use of it has come a long way since the last time I was there in March, and I'm excited (as well as a bit nervous) about pitting it against some more dangerous prey.

Here's what I'm thinking of taking  - should clock in at 1849 points.


HQ:

Hive Tyrant w/ lashwhip & bonesword, Leech Essence, Paroxysm, Wings, Hive Commander, TL BL devourers

Elites:

1 Zoanthrope in Mycetic Spore
1 Zoanthrope in Mycetic Spore
2 Hive Guard

Troops:

8 Genestealers
8 Genestealers

Tervigon w/ Stinger Salvo, Dominion, Catalyst, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs

10 Termagants w/ devourers in Mycetic Spore


Heavy Support:

Trygon Prime
Trygon Prime

Carnifex w/ TL BL devourers x2 in Mycetic Spore w/ TL deathspitters

As always, everything starts in reserve unless the terrain/objectives make it advantageous for individual units to deploy/infiltrate. I don't have quite the numbers I'd like, but do have close combat ability, enough synapse to keep my units under control and make psyker heavy armies nervous, enough midstrength shooting to dent swarms and light vehicles, and the ability to choose my ground. The extra shooting also allows a bit more flexibility, allowing me to either go for the throat or stand back and shoot before going for the kill.

I'm not entirely sold on the Hive Guard, but I need at least one AT weapon that doesn't rely on deepstriking at point blank range or a psychic test. If I'm lucky, I can use the Trygon tunnels to give them some rear/side shots. At worst, they walk on from my deployment zone and shoot down the inevitable attempts at Tank Shocking me off a home objective.

Thoughts? Comments? Glaring weaknesses I've missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment