Thursday, June 2, 2011

From the Warp...

Taking a brief break from my Tyranids to reap some souls for the Chaos Gods. The local gaming store started up an escalation league this evening, and it seemed the perfect opportunity to break out the side project I've been modeling for the last few months - Slaaneshi Daemons. Got in two 500 pt games against Dark Eldar and Space Marines, and both went surprisingly well. I caught a lucky break against the Eldar when my Plaguebearers, Daemon Prince, and Herald managed to wipe out a full unit of Wyches via Sweeping Advance after a bad leadership test. The Marines were almost wiped out, inflicting only nominal casualties, but heroically held my troops off the objectives and forced a draw.

Most Valuable Unit  award for the evening has to go to my Plaguebearers. They killed very little, but made great mobile cover for the Daemonettes and absorbed a sickening amount of damage, at various points tanking a charging Wyche squad, an annoyed Captain and his friends, and wading through small arms fire like it was a light breeze.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures of the next round of games, as well as a few more from the next few planets the Tyranids devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment